Galaxis Integrates Chainlink CCIP to Unlock Cross-Chain Token-Gated Communities
We’re excited to announce that Galaxis has integrated Chainlink CCIP — the industry standard for secure cross-chain interoperability — across the Ethereum and Polygon mainnets. We’re leveraging CCIP’s arbitrary messaging functionality to help us build cross-chain digital membership cards, enabling more seamless token-gated community spaces across the Web3 ecosystem.
We selected CCIP as our go-to interoperability solution because Chainlink has a proven track record of maintaining the highest standard of security and reliability in the Web3 industry. Furthermore, CCIP is backed by the Risk Management Network — a separate, independent network that continually monitors and verifies cross-chain operations for suspicious activity. This additional layer of security is particularly important given historical industry exploits and the billions in user funds lost due to insecure and unreliable cross-chain infrastructure.
Galaxis enables you to design visually stunning, dynamic digital membership cards that represent your community as well as provide access and benefits to your community members. With Galaxis, you can create your own token-gated community that comes with its own marketplace, and engagement tools such as Sticker Book also enabling a toolset to add real-life values and utilities. Engage your community with governance and build your own sustainable community on Galaxis!
In order to help secure our cross-chain token-gated community building platform, we needed access to a highly secure and reliable interoperability solution. After reviewing various solutions, we integrated Chainlink CCIP because it provides a multitude of important benefits and features, such as:
- Time-tested security and reliability — CCIP’s consensus and messaging layer is powered by Chainlink decentralized oracle networks, which have already secured tens of billions of dollars for smart contracts and enabled over $8 trillion in on-chain transaction value. CCIP also features additional layers of protection and reliability via the Risk Management Network and Smart Execution.
- Seamless integration — CCIP offers a unified cross-chain developer experience by providing a single, easy-to-integrate interface. Developers only need to integrate the CCIP Router on-chain to start building secure cross-chain applications.
- Scalable architecture — CCIP eliminates the need for developers to write custom code for chain-specific integrations, while users can interact with any blockchain via a single interface.
- Future-proof — CCIP is built to support continuous updates, such as the integration of new blockchains, the introduction of advanced functionalities, and the addition of other defense-in-depth approaches to security. Thus, integrating with CCIP eliminates future switching costs should new cross-chain functionalities be needed.
How Galaxis is using CCIP
Galaxis, already bridging the ETH mainnet and Polygon, is about to launch as a true multi-chain platform thanks to CCIP.
The journey for every community owner starts on the Ethereum mainnet, where they submit their Galaxis Launchkey. Galaxis submits an on-chain command via CCIP to create the community on the community owner’s preferred destination chain in a single transaction. CCIP also allows Galaxis users to move tokens between supported chains.
Galaxis also has used Chainlink Verifiable Random Function (VRF) from the very beginning, which is used extensively in the whole Galaxis ecosystem to offer provably fair NFT reveals, lucky draws, random distribution of utilities, giveaway cards, NFTs bought from the pool and much more.
As a long-time participant in the Chainlink ecosystem and a member of the Chainlink BUILD program, Galaxis is continually exploring opportunities to deepen our integration with Chainlink’s battle-tested infrastructure.
“We’re excited to integrate the highly secure Chainlink CCIP to help enable cross-chain token-gated community spaces using Galaxis. Powered by the decentralized Chainlink Network, CCIP will help create a more seamless cross-chain experience for token-gated communities built on Galaxis.” — Andras Kristof, CEO
Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that has enabled trillions of dollars in transaction volume across DeFi, insurance, gaming, NFTs, and other major industries. As the leading decentralized oracle network, Chainlink enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation across any blockchain and provides global enterprises with a universal gateway to all blockchains.
Galaxis is a web3 platform that provides a framework to build, grow and govern decentralized communities, empowering content creators, individuals, businesses or anyone to create sustainable communities without any 3rd parties.
Galaxis is one of the very first bricks of self-sustaining economies. Using transparent technology combined with real-life values, Galaxis took out the speculation factor from the web3/NFT space and created a safe and value-based place for those who are ready to embrace the future of doing business and monetization of great ideas.
Galaxis enables monetization in 3 simple steps:
- Provide ownable, meaningful value to community members via Digital Membership Cards
- Create engagement with community members
- Enable and incentivize community members to support the project or creator.
Galaxis provides a wide range of utility modules and infrastructure blocks that can be seamlessly integrated into Digital Membership Cards.
Learn more about Galaxis by visiting our website: galaxis.xyz. For further updates follow us on Twitter or join our Discord community.